Training tips to reach the fluent reading in sheet music
1) Memorize well the sequence of notes in staff in both ways (train the scale in the ascending and descending ways).
2) Make a “model chart” with the registered notes in the clef, to serve as a guide.
3) Print sheet music from public dominium over the internet, and name the notes of some bar lines. Then, check it using your “model chart”. In the beginning of this training you have to focus on memorizing only some specific notes and going on increasing gradually the number of memorized spaces and lines. Each line and space well memorized serves as reference to find the other notes that are not found yet.
4) Play in your instrument the notes that you named.
5) Try to associate the notes of staff directly to your intrument, without the need of naming first, in the specific localization. Practice well this part.
Go to: Musical Figures
Back to: sheet music guide